Content

April, 2017

Eversys SA partners with the De’Longhi Group

We are pleased to announce we have entered into a partnership with the leading Italian manufacturer, De’Longhi Group.

 

The strategic and financial partnership sees the De’Longhi Group acquire 40% of Eversys SA, with a two-way option to transfer the remaining 60% of the Eversys business to De’Longhi in the next two to four years.

 

The partnership between the two businesses joins together our super automatic coffee technology and proven experience in the professional coffee market with the global in-home expertise of the De’Longhi Group. The synergies will strengthen our position in the market, contributing to the continued growth of Eversys and our ambition to be a leading player in the professional coffee market.

 

The deal supports our ambitious plans by providing the resource to continue our investment in our business. Our plans include the development of a new state-of-the-art factory, enhancement of our team and infrastructure and improved products and services.

 

We will continue to operate as a strategically separate entity, led by the existing management team. Our business base remains in Ardon, the Region of the Valais, Switzerland.

 

Martin Strehl, Chairman and Delegate of the Board of Eversys, comments, “For Eversys the partnership with De’Longhi creates a significant potential of synergies, which will contribute to accelerate and secure our ambitious development plans. In addition, it offers the midterm possibility for the founders and current shareholders to resolve their succession strategy.”

 

Fabio De’Longhi, Vice-Chairman and CEO of the De’Longhi Group, says, “Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in the sector and the ambition to become a leading player in the global professional coffee market. This partnership is also driven by the technological, industrial and distribution synergies, which De’Longhi is able to assure.”

 

The De’Longhi Group is a leading stock listed manufacturer of household appliance products and is the global market leader of coffee machines for the home. In 2016 the group achieved a turnover of €1.85 bn and employs over 7,100 people in multiple countries. With the investment in Eversys, De’Longhi takes its first step into the professional espresso coffee market. 

Eversys and DeLonghi new partnership